Musa Camara Kills His Mom In Manhattan NY
Musa Camara Kills His Mom In Manhattan NY
After She Asks Him to Get a Job, Family Says
Fatoumata Danson, 39, was shot in the head by her son Musa Camara, 22, just after 9 p.m. on January 26 ,2021.
NYPD confirmed 22-year-old Musa Camara fatally shot his mom Fatoumata Danson 39, in the head in her 15th-floor apartment at Lehman Village Houses. Camara was arrested Tuesday, just half a block from the East Harlem crime scene with the murder weapon still in his possession. His family members are now calling for him to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Yaku Basangari, the victim’s brother, said he wants his nephew “to rot in jail for the rest of his life.”
Musa Camara Kills His Mom In Manhattan NY
The grisly slaying comes less than six months after Camara allegedly threatened to kill her inside the same apartment, court records revealed.
Danson had a domestic violence panic alarm in the home, which she may have hit prior to being shot, cops said.
Camara fled his mom’s home after the shooting and ended up a few blocks away on East 100th Street, where he fired several shots at a 29-year-old man, but missed.   It’s not clear why he fired at the second victim.
Police finally stopped Camara at 110th Street and Madison Avenue, cops said. He tried to pull his gun on them, but officers tackled him before he could fire.
Musa Camara Kills His Mom In Manhattan NY
Once he was taken to the police station, Camara began acting bizarrely, removing all his clothing inside the cells, cops said.
He was not immediately charged and was taken to Metropolitan Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
Camara was busted in August 2020 on one count each of criminal mischief, attempted assault and harassment after his mom called the cops on him.
In a fit of rage, he allegedly grabbed her landline phone and smashed it into pieces then slammed his body against her, according to a criminal complaint. “I will kill you,” he allegedly seethed. A judge issued an order of protection barring Camara from having any contact with Danson.The charges were dropped at a hearing Tuesday because Danson had stopped cooperating with authorities, a spokesperson for the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office told the Post.
Family members gathered at the building where she was killed to grieve.